MAKE BLUEBERRIES A PART OF YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE
17 Feb, 2022 posted by Laudee
Blueberries are sweet little treasures of nature, that are not just delicious but one of the superfoods. They possess antioxidant properties and essential nutrients like flavonoids, vitamins and phytochemicals. Therefore, blueberries are very useful for our skin and used in various skin care products such as face masks, scrubs, face wash and so on adding these little treasures in your routine will have the following benefits:
- Clear blocked skin pores:Salicylate concentration is high in blueberries, helping them to prevent blocked skin pores. Additionally, it has styptic properties which enable them to constrict the pores and thus balance oil production.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Blueberries have the maximum antioxidant levels among all fruits. UV rays and pollutants create oxidative stress on the healthy skin cells leading to skin damage. This damage can be prevented by antioxidant activity. Antioxidants prevent wrinkles and keep skin healthy. Thus, blueberries are a remedy for anti-aging as they provide antioxidants to our skin. A particular type of antioxidant called anthocyaninhelps strengthen the formation of collagen and prevents free radicals from damaging our skin.
- Vitamin supply: Blueberries are rich in Vitamin C and thus makes our skin radiant and glowing. Vitamin C is also essential for enhancing collagen and elastin production, making your skin supple and plump. Blueberries nourish your skin and repair the damage caused by sun rays. They are also rich in Vitamin A which increases the rate of cell turnover, thus helping us achieve blemish-free skin, reduce dark spots, removes darkness under your eyes as well as blotchy skin.
- Fights Acne:Accumulation of dirt and pollutants in your skin pores causes acne. Blueberries are anti-inflammatory and can control our hormones. So you can even be relieved of breakouts that are period-induced.
- No more Dry Skin:Reduced intake of fibers, as well as water, makes our skin dull and dry.Blueberry masks can prevent dryness and roughness of skin as they contain water and fibers.
- Reduces Aging Effect:Agingeffect can make your vessels weak and you will observe the appearance of Spider Veins. Since Blueberries have plenty of nourishing elements, they help in the reduction of redness effect caused by loosened blood vessels.
Do you want to make your Skincare routine using blueberries? Well, you just need a few berries! Make a pulp of the blueberries and apply it on your skin. Wait for ten minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water. If you can’t make enough time every day to follow this procedure, get yourself a face wash, face mask or scrub that contains Blueberries. Use these products regularly and get a glowing, soft, supple and healthy skin.